31.1.08

Ahhh...mission accomplished



With a cup of tea and a luscious baked apple by my side last night, I wrapped up a long overdue project: my first attempt at knitting. Milo's hat was a project I started in mid-January.

Of 2007.

As in over 380 days ago.

Doesn't he look dapper?

Thanks Debbie and Elena for feeding a new addiction. I am ready to make a bunch more of these, without all the interim mistakes like dropping stiches and accidentally knitting backwards for a few hours. This new habit will be the perfect companion to take me through this next month, which we have declared another family Buy (almost) Nothing Month around here. Of course, I will run out to buy more wool today before January is officially over and we clamp the chastity belt on the wallets.

I am going to blog my way through our Buy (almost) Nothing Month and try not to complain too much of the things I cannot do. It will be a challenge, but one that is overdue for me. Being back in an urban environment full of beautiful things hanging in window displays has given me an unhealthy case of the "I-wanna"s. So this is my detox. We did it once before and it was really rewarding. Of course, that time it was summer in Madison and there was no child involved.

1 comment:

Maeve's mama said...

LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it.

Good thing it will be close to summer when you return to Madison. This way I won't be too bad of an influence on you. Mark handed me $50 the other day, which I promptly took to the yarn store and unloaded $40 of it. That was the third trip to Lakeside Fibers this month. I won't tell you how much I spent the other times!